1. Heat filtered water in a goose neck kettle (a regular tea kettle will work, too) to about 205°F.
2. Measure and grind 17 grams of coffee or use the scoop that comes with the AeroPress and measure one rounded spoonful, or about 2 ½ Tablespoons. Grind the coffee to a fine grind, like table salt or order PLB Coffee in 'K-cup Fine Grind'.
3. Place the AeroPress filter in the basket; rinse the filter with hot water to get rid of any paper flavor.
4. Attach the basket to the bottom of the brew chamber and place it on top of your coffee mug; add the 17 grams of ground coffee.
5. Start a timer when you pour the hot water into the brew chamber, saturating all the grounds within 10 seconds; pour to the No. 4 on the AeroPress or 220g of water if you’re using a scale. Spin the chamber, making sure all the coffee is saturated.
6. Once you hit the No. 4, stir the mixture. Wait about 1 minute and stir again.
7. Put the plunger on the chamber and gently press down with steady pressure, stopping as soon as you hear a hissing sound. This entire brew process should take just under two minutes and yield 7 to 8 ounces of coffee.
8. Clean the AeroPress by taking off the basket and pop out the coffee grounds and filter. Clean the rubber plunger with hot kettle water and you’re ready for your next brew.