Cold Brew (using a French Press)
1. Grind coffee beans to a coarse grind (or order 'Coarse' grind from PLB Coffee); use approximately a 1:5 ratio of beans to water; add grounds to a French Press carafe after removing filter unit.
2. Pour cold filtered water over grinds within about 1 inch from the top of the carafe and stir with a non-metallic utensil.
3. Place filter unit on top of carafe without depressing the plunger and let sit in a cool dark place for 24 hours.
4. After 24 hours, holding the carafe, slowly press plunger down to filter the coffee (If you like your coffee extra smooth, pour through a paper coffee filter as well).
5. Pour into a glass jar or pitcher and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. This makes a strong 'concentrate' so prior to drinking, dilute at a 1:1 ratio with water, half and half, almond milk, coconut milk or your milk of choice. Enjoy!